Americans with Disabilities Act

Mississippi State University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities in employment and all other university programs, services, opportunities and activities. Specifically, the university’s policy is to comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.

To that end, all qualified students with a disability, as defined by law, are eligible for reasonable accommodations or modifications that enable them to enjoy equal access to the University’s programs and services unless such accommodation or modification would result in an undue burden to the University or fundamentally alter the nature of a program.

To learn more about requesting an accommodation, please review the options below. If you believe you’ve experienced discrimination, harassment or retaliation on the basis of a disability, contact Brett Harvey, the Director of Title IX/EEO Programs. He can be reached at (662) 325-8124 or at

Accommodations and Accessibility

Students: Disability Support Services (DSS) assists in determining the classroom accommodations that are most appropriate for students with disabilities. To learn more about disability accommodations for students and the procedures for requesting them, visit the DSS website. Students who wish to request an accommodation or modification should contact DSS at (662) 325-3335 to schedule an intake session.

Faculty and Staff: University employees or applicants who wish to request an accommodation should contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713. Employees or applicants who wish to request an accommodation or modification should complete a Disability Accommodation Request Form, available here, and submit the form to Human Resources Management, which is located at 150 McArthur Hall.

General Accessibility Issues: To report problems accessing university facilities, contact the Office of Compliance and Integrity at (662) 325-5839. If you are visiting campus, please contact the department or organization sponsoring the visit or event. Visitors can also contact the Office of Compliance and Integrity for assistance and referral.

University Policies